Wednesday 12 March 2014

The Best Apps Around

The app store is an endless abyss, where you can find apps on everything from doodling pads to workout challenges and everything in between. When I first got my iPhone a few months ago (I know, I know I was a little late on the bandwagon) I had no clue what apps to start downloading first. After becoming completely addicted to my iPhone over the last four months, I have narrowed down the five apps I can not live without.

1. Next Issue. This app is literally a dream come true. I love a good magazine but having them pile up in a room that's already crammed for space doesn't work out very well. For $9.99 a month, you have access to over 100 magazines. Like many great apps, this will probably seriously hurt your productivity. If you're not sure about it, they offer a free 30 day trial before you hand over your money.

2. Rocket Man. So you may not all live in Toronto. However, for those that do, this app alone is a good enough reason to buy an iPhone. Not only does it count down for you when the next bus or streetcar is coming, but you can also set reminders to alert you when your mode of transit is arriving in the next 5, 10 or 15 minutes.

3. Hailo. Sorry again for those who don't live in Toronto or Montreal. This app lets you hail a taxi, track how far away they are and pay for your ride all from your phone. Not having to struggle for cash on the cab ride home late at night is a miracle.

4. Starbucks App. I know this is no new revelation but I had to include it on my list. The app is also adding a new feature within the next few days which allows you to tip your barista using the app after your finished the transaction. Let's show some love to those cheerful baristas!

5. AfterLight. There are so many great apps for editing photos but AfterLight is my go-to. It costs a measly $1.99 but is worth it for how great it makes your photos (cough, you) look.

Did I miss an amazing app? Let me know in the comments below!

- JS


4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. okay peggy, I thought that one was a given...

      Delete
  2. I agree with you on Rocket Man. It has really helped me with time management and has saved me occasionally from missing my bus. Thanks for the information on Next issue and AfterLight. Sounds like something I would be interested in. Nice post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rocket Man has definitely helped me out a lot too! Thanks for your comment Ada :)

      Delete